Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to copy row heights from one sheet to another in Excell

After the spreadsheet is created (with several altered row heights),it is
copied to a new worksheet, the copied sheet does not have the same row
heights as the original sheet. The only way I have found to correct the
incorrect row heights is to either manually alter the incorrect row height,
or use the format painter. I would hope that I could just copy the original
sheet with the altered row heights and paste and be done.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you copy the entire worksheet, then you shouldn't have a problem

Select the sheet to copy
edit|Move or copy sheet
Make sure you check that "create a copy" box.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to copy row heights on the same sheet to another position.

"Hayseed" wrote:

After the spreadsheet is created (with several altered row heights),it is
copied to a new worksheet, the copied sheet does not have the same row
heights as the original sheet. The only way I have found to correct the
incorrect row heights is to either manually alter the incorrect row height,
or use the format painter. I would hope that I could just copy the original
sheet with the altered row heights and paste and be done.

Your response worked great, THANKS, but there is another problem.
When I make a copy of the expense report (with altered row heights) and then
attempt to make a copy below the created report,on the same sheet, the row
heights are not the same. A row height that was set in the original at say 30
will be 25.5 in the copy. All altered row heights will be reduced except the
rows that were not altered.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you're making a copy on the same worksheet, make sure you copy the entire
rows--not just the cells.

You may want to consider using a separate worksheet for each expense report
though. It might be easier.

Hayseed wrote:

"Hayseed" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hayseed wrote:

"Hayseed" wrote:

[...]

It worked like a million bucks. Thanks alot

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Dave!
I needed to do this to another workbook. With the other workbook open,
copied the sheet right over. Thanks again..big help!