Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
-D- -D- is offline

Default find and replace for date format

I need to reformat dates within two columns. Currently, I have dates
formatted like this:

1/22-1/28 (a starting and ending date)

I've broken this date out into two columns (start_date) and (end_date)

Now, I need to do a find and replace to elminate the suffix of the date
format for the start_date column and then elimate the prefix of the date
format for the end_date column

So, that I'll have for the start_date column: 1/22
and for the end_date column: 1/28

how can I do a find and replace to accomplish this?

Thank you.