Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Some other program interfering with Excel file (through Excel)

Excel 2003 on WinXP.

I have a workbook that I have distributed to other users; the key elements
(I think) are that there are several worksheets, and when macros are enabled
the default sheet is hidden and a data entry sheet is shown. The data entry
sheet has a commandbutton on it that runs a macro to bring up a userform for
data entry. The sheet itself shows the data, but is protected to prevent
direct data entry.

On one PC, there are two extra toolbars showing in Excel. When this file is
opened on that PC (macros enabled) the data sheet is shown, but the button
ususally never appears, or when it does, clicking once on the sheet itself
makes it disappear.

I've looked in the VBE and there are no other projects at all (no adobe,
nothing but my project), and I looked in the XL start directory and didn't
see anything there either, and there are no add-ins checked (not even the
analysis toolpack).

I'm stuck, because I can't figure out where else these toolbars might be
coming from so I can remove them to see if they are really the cause of the
commandbutton disappearing. I can uncheck them in the view/toolbars menu,
but when closing and re-opening Excel, one of them always reappears, so
something is setting it to be visible every time Excel is opened.

Where else should I be looking?

Thanks,
Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What are these extra toolbars?
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Keith" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I believe that one is related to our MRP system (perhaps running query
updates or something) and the other one I'm not sure about. This particular
PC is in a production area, so I don't have easy access to it, I just
managed to access it this morning to see the toolbars and verify the user's
description of what was going on with the disappearing command button.

What seems odd is that I can understand if some (poorly designed) add-in or
code was causing code to be disabled or something, but I have no idea what
could affect the actual presence or absence of a command button on a page...

I figure if I can find out where the toolbars are coming from (other than
the XLStart folder or an add-in, since I checked and there aren't any) then
I'll have a better chance of tracking backward to see how they were added,
who added them, and maybe even the code behind them. My current challenge is
that I can't even figure out where they are coming from :(

Thanks,
Keith