Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sheet Restrictions

Is it possible to restrict the adding on of extra lines to a sheet
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

At the simplest you could protect the sheet using tools - protection but this
could be a problem if you want to do other things. Can you be more specific.

Is it possible to restrict the adding on of extra lines to a sheet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Mike that is tru. I want the cell contents to be capable of being
changed.

I want to copy several sheets that are updated independently by various
people to a file that is under my control - monthly. I then want to be able
to pick up certain defined cells from these added sheets without doing the
lookup every mnth.
So if I copiend and pasted the files in exactly the same position it would
bring back the contents of the same cells.