Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default creating regional summary data

I have a series of spreadsheets with state data. These need to be
aggregated into 4 regional sheets.

I'm new to excel and not sure how to proceed. In a programming
language I would simply have a list and sum the regional data. It
seems this should be possible in excel. I would need to identify which
spreadsheets (ie states) are in each region and have it consolidate
these regions.

Each state is contained in a workbook.

Is consolidation the way to go? Consolidating each of about 25
workbooks into the regional information. Is there a way to have an
array of state names and simply have excel loop through them, or do I
need to hard code this.

Thanks from someone new to excel.

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How to proceed depends a lot on what the source workbooks look like. Here is
an excelent link on consolidating multiple wo0rkbboks into a single workbook.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Most likely you want the section on Copy/Paste/Merge examples...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson