Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SubTotal Function

Among the many problems I'm having is inability to find an industry
median within data list. I've found subtotal functions for min, max,
average, etc. but nothing for medians. Anybody ever heard of function
for subtotal median?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

R,

Nope. No median for subtotal. But, you can use an array formula (entered using Ctrl-Shift-Enter)
like

=MEDIAN(IF($B$2:$B$200=E2,$C$2*:$C$200))

Where B2:B200 have the industry designation, C2:C200 has values, and E2 contains the industry of
intrerest.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP