Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] RWiederstein@gmail.com is offline

Default SubTotal Function

It worked great. I'm shocked at how simple the solution was. I bought
three books and spent countless hours trying to figure that out. I
have yet to appreciate the power of arrays. Thanks for the help.

wrote:
Thanks, I'm going to give it a try.

Bernie Deitrick wrote:
R,

Nope. No median for subtotal. But, you can use an array formula (entered using Ctrl-Shift-Enter)
like

=MEDIAN(IF($B$2:$B$200=E2,$C$2*:$C$200))

Where B2:B200 have the industry designation, C2:C200 has values, and E2 contains the industry of
intrerest.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
Among the many problems I'm having is inability to find an industry
median within data list. I've found subtotal functions for min, max,
average, etc. but nothing for medians. Anybody ever heard of function
for subtotal median?