Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Converting file formats into .xls files

Hello,
I'm not sure I have the right area but I hope someone can help me.

I was emailed a file in the .wdb file format. Can I somehow convert this to
open in an excel file type. I only have MS Office 2003 Pro edition on my pc.
I do not have microsoft office suite. Is there anything I can do to open
this file so I can read it and work with it OR do I have to get the sender to
change their file type and re-send to me? Thanks in advance for any input.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Per this,
http://www.liutilities.com/products/...ary/files/WDB/, you
have a file created in Microsoft Works. This explains how to open Works
files in XL: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...448771033.aspx

Google is your friend here.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Shawna" wrote:

Hello,
I'm not sure I have the right area but I hope someone can help me.

I was emailed a file in the .wdb file format. Can I somehow convert this to
open in an excel file type. I only have MS Office 2003 Pro edition on my pc.
I do not have microsoft office suite. Is there anything I can do to open
this file so I can read it and work with it OR do I have to get the sender to
change their file type and re-send to me? Thanks in advance for any input.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Shawna

MS Office 2003 Pro edition is Microsoft Office Suite.

You sender probably has Microsoft Works Suite.

Ask sender to save as an Excel file or save as an Access file (*.mdb) which
Excel will open.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP