Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding actual cells in a function

Hello,

I am trying to design a formula to add cells together when another condition
is met but am struggling.

A B
1 10 2
2 7
3 9

What I need is a formula that subtotals X amount of rows when a condition is
met. So in the example, when B11 I want the formula to add cells A1+1 (e.g.
cells A1:A2). This is for a very large database and the values for B vary
considerably, and I wondered whether there was a way of using a formula to
add cells to a current cell reference. Like A1+(1 cell).

Thanks