Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MLK MLK is offline

Default Conditional formatting in pivot tables?

I need to add some color coding to pivot reports for variances. For example
if a variance is plus or minus 5%, then the coding is green, anything plus or
minus 10% is yellow and anything over is red. I'm trying to get conditional
formatting to work ... but no luck so far.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can apply conditional formatting to pivot table values in Excel
2007. In earlier versions, you can apply conditional formatting to cells
in a pivot table, but if the layout changes, the formatting doesn't move
with the cells.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Debra ...

If pivot table conditional formatting is applied through Excel 2007, but
then the pivot table is viewed by a user on Excel 2003, will the conditional
formatting still hold for that user? Thanks ... this is a major issue for
our company as nearly all of our dashboard reports are Excel pivot tables
connected to Sql Server.

William 3

MLK wrote:
I need to add some color coding to pivot reports for variances. For example
if a variance is plus or minus 5%, then the coding is green, anything plus or
minus 10% is yellow and anything over is red. I'm trying to get conditional
formatting to work ... but no luck so far.

Any suggestions?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, unfortunately that won't work.

In Excel 2007, if a pivot table is not created in compatibility mode, it
will be read only in older versions.

If it's created while in compatibility mode, Excel users with older
versions will be able to interact with the pivot table. However, you
won't be able to use the new conditional formatting features while
creating the pivot table in compatibility mode.