Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I combine text from several cells into one?

Is it possible to combine the text in one Excel cell to another cell in the
same row? I need to combine the text of four or five cells into one cell
which would then contain the all the text of the other cells.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

have you looked at "concatenate" in Excel help?
--
Gator

"Michael" wrote:

Is it possible to combine the text in one Excel cell to another cell in the
same row? I need to combine the text of four or five cells into one cell
which would then contain the all the text of the other cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Michael

In the destination cell type
=A1&" "&B1&" "&C1&" "&D1
this assumes you want a space between each item.
If you wanted a comma, use ","
If you do not want a separator just use
=A1&B1&C1&D1
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Michael" wrote in message
Is it possible to combine the text in one Excel cell to another cell
in the
same row? I need to combine the text of four or five cells into one
cell
which would then contain the all the text of the other cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

type = then click the first cell then "&" and the next cell and so on. If you
need a comma or something just put it in quotes between &'s such as
=A1 & ", " & A2
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"Michael" wrote:

Is it possible to combine the text in one Excel cell to another cell in the
same row? I need to combine the text of four or five cells into one cell
which would then contain the all the text of the other cells.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Michael

In F1 enter =A1&B1&C1&D1&E1

If you want spaces between enter them as..........

=A1& " " & B1& " " & etc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP