-   -   How can I combine text from several cells into one? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/126316-how-can-i-combine-text-several-cells-into-one.html)

Michael

How can I combine text from several cells into one?

Is it possible to combine the text in one Excel cell to another cell in the
same row? I need to combine the text of four or five cells into one cell
which would then contain the all the text of the other cells.

gator

How can I combine text from several cells into one?

have you looked at "concatenate" in Excel help?
--
Gator

"Michael" wrote:

Is it possible to combine the text in one Excel cell to another cell in the
same row? I need to combine the text of four or five cells into one cell
which would then contain the all the text of the other cells.

Roger Govier

How can I combine text from several cells into one?

Hi Michael

In the destination cell type
=A1&" "&B1&" "&C1&" "&D1
this assumes you want a space between each item.
If you wanted a comma, use ","
If you do not want a separator just use
=A1&B1&C1&D1
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Michael" wrote in message
Is it possible to combine the text in one Excel cell to another cell
in the
same row? I need to combine the text of four or five cells into one
cell
which would then contain the all the text of the other cells.

John Bundy

How can I combine text from several cells into one?

type = then click the first cell then "&" and the next cell and so on. If you
need a comma or something just put it in quotes between &'s such as
=A1 & ", " & A2
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"Michael" wrote:

Is it possible to combine the text in one Excel cell to another cell in the
same row? I need to combine the text of four or five cells into one cell
which would then contain the all the text of the other cells.

Gord Dibben

How can I combine text from several cells into one?

Michael

In F1 enter =A1&B1&C1&D1&E1

If you want spaces between enter them as..........

=A1& " " & B1& " " & etc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:08:01 -0800, Michael
wrote:

Is it possible to combine the text in one Excel cell to another cell in the
same row? I need to combine the text of four or five cells into one cell
which would then contain the all the text of the other cells.

Kevin Rhinehart

How can I combine text from several cells into one?

Thanks for the help everyone!!!