Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using offset to align data?

I have a spreadsheet containing thousands of accounts, and each account is
listed multiple times with various market data. Each row has the account name
and a piece of market data. What I am trying to do is calculate the Market
data for the "OUT" part of each account. Now i realize if I can combine
"OUT"&Account&OurPruduct$ for each account I can perform a vlookup of the OUT
market data. The problem is, how would I be able to place an "OUT" next to
only the cells that fall under the "OUT" sub-heading. There are three
sub-headings: OUT, IN, BETWEEN.

For example:
Account
Company1 OUT
Company1 OurProduct$
Company1 TotalMarket$
Company1 Share%
Company1 IN
Company1 OurProduct$
Company1 TotalMarket$
Company1 Share%
Company1 Between

Spreadsheet contains thousands of companies, and would like to find out
market data for the OUT component of each company. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The formula below, starting in row 2, and assuming that account is in
column A and the OUT, IN, Between etc data are in column B
=IF(UPPER(B2)="OUT","OUT",IF(AND(OFFSET(B2,-1,1)="OUT",UPPER(B2)<"IN",UPPER(B2)<"BETWEEN")," OUT",""))
results in...

Company1......OUT.................OUT
Company1......OurProduct$.....OUT
Company1......TotalMarket$....OUT