Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
IntricateFool IntricateFool is offline

Default Using offset to align data?

I have a spreadsheet containing thousands of accounts, and each account is
listed multiple times with various market data. Each row has the account name
and a piece of market data. What I am trying to do is calculate the Market
data for the "OUT" part of each account. Now i realize if I can combine
"OUT"&Account&OurPruduct$ for each account I can perform a vlookup of the OUT
market data. The problem is, how would I be able to place an "OUT" next to
only the cells that fall under the "OUT" sub-heading. There are three
sub-headings: OUT, IN, BETWEEN.

For example:
Account
Company1 OUT
Company1 OurProduct$
Company1 TotalMarket$
Company1 Share%
Company1 IN
Company1 OurProduct$
Company1 TotalMarket$
Company1 Share%
Company1 Between

Spreadsheet contains thousands of companies, and would like to find out
market data for the OUT component of each company. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help in advance.