Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default vlookups not sorting correctly

I have a workbook that has a couple sheets in it. Due to all the little
hands that like to play we have data integrity issues. To solve this
problem I created the second sheet. In this sheet there are columns for
reference and columns for users to do there data entry.I have vlookups
going in both directions (to and from each sheet) based on a unique
number. The problem we have is in this update sheet. When a user tries
to short the sheet its really not sorted. It actaully mixes up some of
the data. My question is what is the vlookup returning that excel sorts
funny?

Please help

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't sort a column full of Vlookup results, well you can but it doesn't
work, you would have to copy and paste special values prior to sorting

-John
is helpful.

ups.com...