Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Password Userform help !!!!

Sub Sunselect()
Dim PassStr As String
PassStr = InputBox("Enter Password Please", "My Password
Prompt")

If PassStr = "Manager" Then
Sheets("Sun").Select
Range("A11").Select
Else
MsgBox "Wrong Password Entered"

Am currently using this to ask for a password before allowing people to
view the sheet, but would prefer to use a usrform, i know how to creat
and asign the form, but am not sure of the exact text as fairly new to
userforms,

Prefer to have password char as ******** when typed and have been told
this is not possible with input box.

Any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've had managed to use the following code within a userform textbox change
function, that will read characters as they are typed into the textbox and
add them to a temporary password variable 'tmpPWord', then replace the typed
character with a * for display in the textbox.

Therefore, the user will only see a row of *'s in the textbox, yet the actual
password is stored in temporary variable 'tmpPWord'. Try it out! I hope it
works for you.

Private Sub TextBoxPassword_Change()

Dim repeatCancel As Boolean
Dim i As Integer
Dim tmpTextBoxText As String

tempWord = ""

If Len(TextBoxPassword.Value) < Len(dispPassWord) Then
dispPassWord = Left(dispPassWord, Len(dispPassWord) - 1)
tmpPWord = Left(pWord, Len(tmpPWord) - 1)
Else
If Right(TextBoxPassword.Value, 1) < "*" Then
If Len(TextBoxPassword.Value) 1 Then
tempWord = Right(TextBoxPassword.Value, 1)
dispPassWord = dispPassWord & "*"
Else
tempWord = TextBoxPassword.Value
dispPassWord = "*"
End If
tmpPWord = tmpPWord & tempWord
TextBoxPassword.Value = dispPassWord

Regards

John Cleese

K1KKKA wrote:
Sub Sunselect()
Dim PassStr As String
PassStr = InputBox("Enter Password Please", "My Password
Prompt")

If PassStr = "Manager" Then
Sheets("Sun").Select
Range("A11").Select
Else
MsgBox "Wrong Password Entered"

Am currently using this to ask for a password before allowing people to
view the sheet, but would prefer to use a usrform, i know how to creat
and asign the form, but am not sure of the exact text as fairly new to
userforms,

Prefer to have password char as ******** when typed and have been told
this is not possible with input box.

Any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If using a userform to prompt for a password, you'll need a textbox for the
user to enter the password. On the properties, set the PasswordChar to a *

You'll also need a couple of buttons. OK and Cancel probably. The code for
the OK button could be something like:-

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
PassStr = TextBox1.Value
If PassStr = "Manager" Then
Sheets("Sun").Select
Range("A11").Select
Else
MsgBox "Wrong Password Entered"
TextBox1.Value = "" 'Removes previously entered password

"K1KKKA" wrote:

Sub Sunselect()
Dim PassStr As String
PassStr = InputBox("Enter Password Please", "My Password
Prompt")

If PassStr = "Manager" Then
Sheets("Sun").Select
Range("A11").Select
Else
MsgBox "Wrong Password Entered"

Am currently using this to ask for a password before allowing people to
view the sheet, but would prefer to use a usrform, i know how to creat
and asign the form, but am not sure of the exact text as fairly new to
userforms,

Prefer to have password char as ******** when typed and have been told
this is not possible with input box.

Any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

K1KKKA wrote:
Sub Sunselect()
Dim PassStr As String
PassStr = InputBox("Enter Password Please", "My Password
Prompt")

If PassStr = "Manager" Then
Sheets("Sun").Select
Range("A11").Select
Else
MsgBox "Wrong Password Entered"

Am currently using this to ask for a password before allowing people to
view the sheet, but would prefer to use a usrform, i know how to creat
and asign the form, but am not sure of the exact text as fairly new to
userforms,

Prefer to have password char as ******** when typed and have been told
this is not possible with input box.

Any help--