-   -   Password Userform help !!!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/125507-password-userform-help.html)

K1KKKA

Password Userform help !!!!

Sub Sunselect()
Dim PassStr As String
PassStr = InputBox("Enter Password Please", "My Password
Prompt")

If PassStr = "Manager" Then
Sheets("Sun").Select
Range("A11").Select
Else
MsgBox "Wrong Password Entered"

Am currently using this to ask for a password before allowing people to
view the sheet, but would prefer to use a usrform, i know how to creat
and asign the form, but am not sure of the exact text as fairly new to
userforms,

Prefer to have password char as ******** when typed and have been told
this is not possible with input box.

Any help

John Cleese via OfficeKB.com

Password Userform help !!!!

I've had managed to use the following code within a userform textbox change
function, that will read characters as they are typed into the textbox and
add them to a temporary password variable 'tmpPWord', then replace the typed
character with a * for display in the textbox.

Therefore, the user will only see a row of *'s in the textbox, yet the actual
password is stored in temporary variable 'tmpPWord'. Try it out! I hope it
works for you.

Private Sub TextBoxPassword_Change()

Dim repeatCancel As Boolean
Dim i As Integer
Dim tmpTextBoxText As String

tempWord = ""

If Len(TextBoxPassword.Value) < Len(dispPassWord) Then
dispPassWord = Left(dispPassWord, Len(dispPassWord) - 1)
tmpPWord = Left(pWord, Len(tmpPWord) - 1)
Else
If Right(TextBoxPassword.Value, 1) < "*" Then
If Len(TextBoxPassword.Value) 1 Then
tempWord = Right(TextBoxPassword.Value, 1)
dispPassWord = dispPassWord & "*"
Else
tempWord = TextBoxPassword.Value
dispPassWord = "*"
End If
tmpPWord = tmpPWord & tempWord
TextBoxPassword.Value = dispPassWord

Regards

John Cleese

K1KKKA wrote:
Sub Sunselect()
Dim PassStr As String
PassStr = InputBox("Enter Password Please", "My Password
Prompt")

If PassStr = "Manager" Then
Sheets("Sun").Select
Range("A11").Select
Else
MsgBox "Wrong Password Entered"

Am currently using this to ask for a password before allowing people to
view the sheet, but would prefer to use a usrform, i know how to creat
and asign the form, but am not sure of the exact text as fairly new to
userforms,

Prefer to have password char as ******** when typed and have been told
this is not possible with input box.

Any help

Dave Peterson

Password Userform help !!!!

Check your other post.

--

Dave Peterson

bigwheel

Password Userform help !!!!

If using a userform to prompt for a password, you'll need a textbox for the
user to enter the password. On the properties, set the PasswordChar to a *

You'll also need a couple of buttons. OK and Cancel probably. The code for
the OK button could be something like:-

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
PassStr = TextBox1.Value
If PassStr = "Manager" Then
Sheets("Sun").Select
Range("A11").Select
Else
MsgBox "Wrong Password Entered"
TextBox1.Value = "" 'Removes previously entered password

K1KKKA wrote:
Sub Sunselect()
Dim PassStr As String
PassStr = InputBox("Enter Password Please", "My Password
Prompt")

If PassStr = "Manager" Then
Sheets("Sun").Select
Range("A11").Select
Else
MsgBox "Wrong Password Entered"

Am currently using this to ask for a password before allowing people to
view the sheet, but would prefer to use a usrform, i know how to creat
and asign the form, but am not sure of the exact text as fairly new to
userforms,

Prefer to have password char as ******** when typed and have been told
this is not possible with input box.

Any help--