Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formatting formulas

How do I use the "if" function referring to an adjacent cell in "conditional
formatting" eg. I want a cell to turn yellow when the vallue in the adjacent
cell =0
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No need for IF, you just need an expression that evaluates to TRUE or FALSE
I selected D1:D20 and entered the conditional format:
Formula IS: =C1=0 and set the pattern to yellow.
The cells in D1:D20 are now yellow filled if the corresponding C cell is
zero or blank.
If I want yellow when there is a zero in adjacent cell but not when it is
blank then I use
=AND(NOT(ISBLANK(C1)),C1=0)
best wishes
--