Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
moe moe is offline

Default Is this possible?

So sorry, I messed up my previous post. I would like to highlight the
background of one word only contained in a cell. For example, my cell
content is: Today is Saturday. I want the word Saturday to appear with a
green background (as if I manually highlighted it with a marker). Can anyone
tell me how to do this? Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's not possible to change the fill color this way.

But you could put a rectangle from the Drawing Toolbar over the word, remove the
border and color it green. But it's an ugly workaround.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Or, just select the word Saturday in the formula bar and change it's font
color and/or size to be different than the rest of the string........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

moe wrote:

So sorry, I messed up my previous post. I would like to highlight the
background of one word only contained in a cell. For example, my cell
content is: Today is Saturday. I want the word Saturday to appear with

green background (as if I manually highlighted it with a marker). Can

anyone
tell me how to do this? Thank you!

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Yup........that's why I suggested it as "OR"....if the font size is
increased a couple of points and the color changed to RED it makes it a
pretty good substitute for a "highlighter swipe"

moe wrote:

So sorry, I messed up my previous post. I would like to highlight

the
background of one word only contained in a cell. For example, my

cell
content is: Today is Saturday. I want the word Saturday to appear

with
green background (as if I manually highlighted it with a marker).

Can
anyone
tell me how to do this? Thank you!

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Sorry, my bad.........should have made it clearer the first
time.........thanks for pointing it out.

moe wrote:

So sorry, I messed up my previous post. I would like to

highlight
the
background of one word only contained in a cell. For example,

my
cell
content is: Today is Saturday. I want the word Saturday to

appear
with
green background (as if I manually highlighted it with a

marker).
Can
anyone
tell me how to do this? Thank you!

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

LOL.......I hear ya........
hmmmm, do I detect a little of the old "teletype" in there?

moe wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not from me, well, not on purpose.

My old company were in the process of converting from teletype terminals to CRTs
(and full screen editors!) when I started. I did my best to stay away from
them--except when there was no choice.