Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default name formats

I'm trying to flop names in a cell from First Last to Last, First
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is if info is in A1 and there is a space between first and last
=RIGHT(A1,FIND(" ",A1))& ", "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1))

-John
is helpful.

"Todd Taylor" <Todd wrote in message
I'm trying to flop names in a cell from First Last to Last, First

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure you have some empty columns to the right of it, then highlight the
column
Data-Text to Columns
(I assume it's first name (space) last name)
select Delimited, checkmark next to space
Finish
( I assume the names were in column A)
then, go to column C
cell C2: