Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default format for duration

x-no-archive:
for example, if I want to enter 35 min in a cell, how would I format it
to resemble minutes? Or 1 hour? Also, how would I format a cell to
TOTAL a bunch of cells with minutes?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

0:35 for 35 minutes
1:00 for 1 hour
(You can custom format as h:mm, rather than hh:mm, if you want).
If you want the total to be shown as number of minutes, rather than in Excel
time format, then use =(A1+A2)*24*60 and format as General (or number),
rather than as time.
--
David Biddulph

oups.com...