Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default my paste function is greyed out in one of my excel files

I went to use one of my macros and the line "Activesheet.paste" gives me the
debug window so I went to the excel file, checked copy and paste and found
that I can copy but all the time my "paste" function is grayed out.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you actually copied or cut something because paste will be greyed out
until you do

"he4giv" wrote:

I went to use one of my macros and the line "Activesheet.paste" gives me the
debug window so I went to the excel file, checked copy and paste and found
that I can copy but all the time my "paste" function is grayed out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pressing excape isn't necessary. Select a cell with some thing and right
click and copy. If you do that is paste still greyed out.

In you VBA macro activesheet.paste will open the debug window if nothing is
copied.

Mike

"he4giv" wrote:

I went to use one of my macros and the line "Activesheet.paste" gives me the
debug window so I went to the excel file, checked copy and paste and found
that I can copy but all the time my "paste" function is grayed out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think I found the problem. I had this macro attached to my worksheet tab:
Private Sub Calendar1_DblClick()
'ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "m/d/yy"
ActiveCell = Calendar1.Value

If Not Application.Intersect(Range("B7"), Target) Is Nothing Then
Calendar1.Left = Target.Left + Target.Width - Calendar1.Width
Calendar1.Top = Target.Top + Target.Height
Calendar1.Visible = True
Else: Calendar1.Visible = False

When I deleted the Calandar control 8.0 object and the macro my paste
function was working.
I dont know why this macro would disable my paste.