Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Freeze column AG

x-no-archive:
Hi all,
I want to freeze column AG but be able to scroll between columns A to
AF.
So far I can only do the opposite (ie. scroll AFTER column AG onwards).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Right click on the Sheet tab and choose View Code, and this will invoke
the Visual Basic Editor.
If the Properties Window is not visible, press F4.
In the Properties, scroll down to Scroll Area and set this to A1:AF1000
(or whatever row number you wish to lock to)
You will now be confined to scrolling within that area.

This setting only persists whilst the workbook is open and will be lost
upon closing (even if you save).

If you wish it to persist, you will need to set some code in the
Workbook Open event as follows

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").ScrollArea = "A1:AF1000"
End Sub

Copy the code above and paste it into the ThisWorkbook module of the
Visual Basic Editor.
If the Project Explorer is not visible and you can't see ThisWorkbook,
press Ctrl + R to bring up the explorer.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message
oups.com...
x-no-archive:
Hi all,
I want to freeze column AG but be able to scroll between columns A to
AF.
So far I can only do the opposite (ie. scroll AFTER column AG
onwards).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could also create a New Window (Menu Window New) - Shape the new
window (which should bear the :2 designation versus your original window
:1) to show starting with AG..? (also make size smaller )- Just a
thought...
Jim

" wrote in message
oups.com:

x-no-archive:
Hi all,
I want to freeze column AG but be able to scroll between columns A to
AF.
So far I can only do the opposite (ie. scroll AFTER column AG onwards).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

x-no-archive:

Hi all. MUCH thanks for your input.
The split screen occurred to me but I was hoping for a simpler answer.
The visual basic stuff is VERY good to know for future reference.
Again many thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!