Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson Ken Johnson is offline

Default Freeze column AG

wrote:
x-no-archive:
Hi all,
I want to freeze column AG but be able to scroll between columns A to
AF.
So far I can only do the opposite (ie. scroll AFTER column AG onwards).

If you want AG to stay in position while you scroll the columns to the
left of AG then you can split the screen.
Move the cursor down to the bottom right corner where you see a little
square at the bottom of the vertical scroll bar and to the right of the
horizontal scroll bar. Move the cursor to the left until it turns into
a double horizontal arrow, then click and drag the screen splitter to
the left until there is just enough room to view a column the width of
column AG. Use the right scroll bar to get AG into view on the right of
the screen. Scroll with the left scroll bar to position the columns to
the left of AG.

To remove the split either drag it back to the right or go
Window|Remove split

Ken Johnson