Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default enter into formula

know there must be something that can be put into formula to say enter pushed
do this. Useing drop down menu want to show text referenced to cells else
where. then when one selected want the formula to insert value from other
cell. looked in both of my books can't seem to locate enter symbol.
Any ideas
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

State exactly what you have and what you want. What is "text referenced to
cells elsewhere"? Where do you want the formula? And the formula will
insert value from what other cell? Remember that you are the only one who
knows your business and what you want. HTH Otto
"Curt" wrote in message
know there must be something that can be put into formula to say enter
pushed
do this. Useing drop down menu want to show text referenced to cells else
where. then when one selected want the formula to insert value from other
cell. looked in both of my books can't seem to locate enter symbol.
Any ideas
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have entries in column D mixed down column. first group to pull out are A B C
D, These go to head of list. Then 1 thru 8 need to be sorted as 1 thru 8 in
groups of 8.
First problem has been cleared by changeing entry format. Do not need a
formula. This sorting has got me. All ways end up with all 1,s together then
2,s Need 12345678. Can it be done?
Thanks

"Curt" wrote in message
know there must be something that can be put into formula to say enter
pushed
do this. Useing drop down menu want to show text referenced to cells else
where. then when one selected want the formula to insert value from other
cell. looked in both of my books can't seem to locate enter symbol.
Any ideas
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Still having trouble understanding what you have. If you have 8 rows of
numbers and you want to sort those 8 rows and nothing else, then select
those eight rows (over all the columns). Then do Data - Sort.
I don't understand what A, B, C, and D are that are the first group to "pull
out". What are A, B, C, D and what does "pull out" mean? HTH Otto

"Curt" wrote in message
know there must be something that can be put into formula to say enter
pushed
do this. Useing drop down menu want to show text referenced to cells
else
where. then when one selected want the formula to insert value from
other
cell. looked in both of my books can't seem to locate enter symbol.
Any ideas
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

have column with nbrs 1 thru 8 scrambled in the column need to sort into
groups of 12345678 Forget the abcd I can handel it. Got pass the enter symbol
into formula.
Sort is now problem used a macro it worked once then will not perform again.
All I did was scramble the numbers in column to try a second time.
Should I send my code?

"Curt" wrote in message
know there must be something that can be put into formula to say enter
pushed
do this. Useing drop down menu want to show text referenced to cells
else
where. then when one selected want the formula to insert value from
other
cell. looked in both of my books can't seem to locate enter symbol.
Any ideas
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

id column "c" nbrs down column are scrambled only useing 1234 to find
solution want to sort the column into groups 1234
Dim t
For t = 2 To Cells(100, 3).End(xlUp).Row Step 4
Range(Cells(t, 3), Cells(t + 3, 3)).Select
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("C2"), Order1:=xlAscending,
Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
Next
This worked first time then I did a sort normal in excel then this macro
would not sort again?????
I've tried every thing I can think of.
Oh yes it now blocks a section of column c??