Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Otto Moehrbach Otto Moehrbach is offline

Default enter into formula

Still having trouble understanding what you have. If you have 8 rows of
numbers and you want to sort those 8 rows and nothing else, then select
those eight rows (over all the columns). Then do Data - Sort.
I don't understand what A, B, C, and D are that are the first group to "pull
out". What are A, B, C, D and what does "pull out" mean? HTH Otto
"Curt" wrote in message
Have entries in column D mixed down column. first group to pull out are A
B C
D, These go to head of list. Then 1 thru 8 need to be sorted as 1 thru 8
in
groups of 8.
First problem has been cleared by changeing entry format. Do not need a
formula. This sorting has got me. All ways end up with all 1,s together
then
2,s Need 12345678. Can it be done?
Thanks

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

State exactly what you have and what you want. What is "text referenced
cells elsewhere"? Where do you want the formula? And the formula will
insert value from what other cell? Remember that you are the only one
who
knows your business and what you want. HTH Otto
"Curt" wrote in message
know there must be something that can be put into formula to say enter
pushed
do this. Useing drop down menu want to show text referenced to cells
else
where. then when one selected want the formula to insert value from
other
cell. looked in both of my books can't seem to locate enter symbol.
Any ideas
Thanks