Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel File Names

Is it possible to do something to the file name of an excel workbook to make
it stand out when you open the file it is saved in.
--
Lori
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think this is a case of "It is what it is - nothing more, nothing less,
nothing special"

Is there a particular place where the filename shows up that you would like
to be emphasized more in some way?

"Lori" wrote:

Is it possible to do something to the file name of an excel workbook to make
it stand out when you open the file it is saved in.
--
Lori

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was wanting to do something like highlight or shade the name of the
workbook. I wanted to be able to find a workbook quickly when I open a file
that is located on my c drive.
--
Lori

"Lori" wrote:

Is it possible to do something to the file name of an excel workbook to make
it stand out when you open the file it is saved in.
--
Lori

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Windows and Excel work together to try to help with that.

If you first open Excel and then choose File, a list of your most recently
used Excel files is presented in that list. If the file you want is not one
of those then choosing the OPEN option in the list causes the system to only
display files with Excel associated filename extensions (.xls, .xlt, .csv
etc).

If you have one or two Excel (or any other) files that you use very
frequently and would like to be able to get to them without first opening
Excel or whatever program created them, you can create a shortcut to them and
place that shortcut on your desktop. Then when you double-click on the
shortcut , the file will be opened for you.

To create a shortcut on your desktop to a file,
Right-click in any clear area on your desktop,
Choose New from the list
Choose Shortcut from the flyout next to New
Browse to the file you want, select it in the dialog box and click [OK]
The shortcut will be created. You can even rename it later to make the name
more meaningful/friendly by right-clicking on it and choosing Rename.