Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VLOOKUP Function

can I set my VLOOKUP function to automate through an entire column? or
will it only do one cell at a time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One cell at a time, but, you can copy the formula down the column.

Biff

"ChrisB" wrote in message
oups.com...
can I set my VLOOKUP function to automate through an entire column? or
will it only do one cell at a time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can grab the corner of the cell with the mouse and copy it down or
select a large range with the formula in the top cell
and press Ctrl + d

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

ups.com...

T. Valko wrote:
One cell at a time, but, you can copy the formula down the column.

Biff

"ChrisB" wrote in message
oups.com...
can I set my VLOOKUP function to automate through an entire column?
or
will it only do one cell at a time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Grab" the fill handle with the left mouse button and then drag down the
column. The fill handle is the little black square on the bottom right of
the selected cell. When you do a mouse-over of the fill handle the cursor
will change from a "fat" plus sign to a "skinny" plus sign.

Make the row references to your lookup table absolute:

=VLOOKUP(A1,J$1:K$100,2,0)

Biff

ups.com...

T. Valko wrote:
One cell at a time, but, you can copy the formula down the column.

Biff

"ChrisB" wrote in message
oups.com...
can I set my VLOOKUP function to automate through an entire column?
or
will it only do one cell at a time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Alternatively, you can just double click on the fill handle to copy the
function to all the cells in the column at once.

"T. Valko" wrote in message
"Grab" the fill handle with the left mouse button and then drag down the
column. The fill handle is the little black square on the bottom right of
the selected cell. When you do a mouse-over of the fill handle the cursor
will change from a "fat" plus sign to a "skinny" plus sign.

Make the row references to your lookup table absolute:

=VLOOKUP(A1,J$1:K$100,2,0)

Biff

ups.com...

T. Valko wrote:
One cell at a time, but, you can copy the formula down the column.

Biff

"ChrisB" wrote in message
oups.com...
can I set my VLOOKUP function to automate through an entire column?
or
will it only do one cell at a time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not always, only if the adjacent column is filled

Peo

"T. Valko" wrote in message
"Grab" the fill handle with the left mouse button and then drag down the
column. The fill handle is the little black square on the bottom right of
the selected cell. When you do a mouse-over of the fill handle the cursor
will change from a "fat" plus sign to a "skinny" plus sign.

Make the row references to your lookup table absolute:

=VLOOKUP(A1,J$1:K$100,2,0)

Biff

ups.com...

T. Valko wrote:
One cell at a time, but, you can copy the formula down the column.

Biff

oups.com...