Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Deleting Columns - Formula Results turn to #REF!

I am trying to pull information from a schedule and am running into a
problem. The person updating the schedule deletes the previous week and my
formula result changes to #REF!. Is there an easy way to fix this.

I had fixed this using a Macro but he added rows and my Macro got messed up.

The formula I am using is =SUM(MANPOWER!F49:I49).
Thank you,
Havenstar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Havenstar. Try using Edit-Replace and replace #REF with MANPOWER. I use
this method to update a P & L report based on a download from QuickBooks
every month and it works great. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Havenstar" wrote:

I am trying to pull information from a schedule and am running into a
problem. The person updating the schedule deletes the previous week and my
formula result changes to #REF!. Is there an easy way to fix this.

I had fixed this using a Macro but he added rows and my Macro got messed up.

The formula I am using is =SUM(MANPOWER!F49:I49).
Thank you,
Havenstar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Michael,

I tried that and I got #NAME?, which gave me a formula of
=SUM(MANPOWER!MANPOWER). Any other ideas?

Thanks
Sandi

"Havenstar" wrote:

I am trying to pull information from a schedule and am running into a
problem. The person updating the schedule deletes the previous week and my
formula result changes to #REF!. Is there an easy way to fix this.

I had fixed this using a Macro but he added rows and my Macro got messed up.

The formula I am using is =SUM(MANPOWER!F49:I49).
Thank you,
Havenstar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sandi, could you post back what the formula looks like when the #REF! is
included?
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Havenstar" wrote:

I am trying to pull information from a schedule and am running into a
problem. The person updating the schedule deletes the previous week and my
formula result changes to #REF!. Is there an easy way to fix this.

I had fixed this using a Macro but he added rows and my Macro got messed up.

The formula I am using is =SUM(MANPOWER!F49:I49).
Thank you,
Havenstar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sandi, did Sean's suggestion work?
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Havenstar" wrote:

I am trying to pull information from a schedule and am running into a
problem. The person updating the schedule deletes the previous week and my
formula result changes to #REF!. Is there an easy way to fix this.

I had fixed this using a Macro but he added rows and my Macro got messed up.

The formula I am using is =SUM(MANPOWER!F49:I49).
Thank you,
Havenstar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

We have a spreadsheet for 26 weeks that I am charting information on I need
to sum each week/4 and get an average. Each week the previous week gets
deleted, while doing this it makes my formulas turn into #REF! taking out the
F49:I49 formula part and I have to repeat that 26 times for different
columns. I had a macro set up to overwrite after the delete but it is very
time consuming and they also want me to add another chart with different data
(not to mention when they add rows it messed it all up). Here is a snap shot
of 3 of my columns pulling data from the spreadsheet. All of this data turns
to #REF and i would like to know if there is an easier way to make it stick,
after the columns are deleted?

=E51 =SUM($F$47:$I$47) =ROUND((B101/4),0)
=SUM(A101) + 7 =SUM(M47:P47) =ROUND((B102/4),0)
=SUM(A102) + 7 =SUM(T47:W47) =ROUND((B103/4),0)
=SUM(A103) + 7 =SUM(AA47:AD47) =ROUND((B104/4),0)
=SUM(A104) + 7 =SUM(AH47:AK47) =ROUND((B105/4),0)
=SUM(A105) + 7 =SUM(AO47:AR47) =ROUND((B106/4),0)
=SUM(A106) + 7 =SUM(AV47:AY47) =ROUND((B107/4),0)

Hope this makes sense?
Sandi

"Havenstar" wrote:

I am trying to pull information from a schedule and am running into a
problem. The person updating the schedule deletes the previous week and my
formula result changes to #REF!. Is there an easy way to fix this.

I had fixed this using a Macro but he added rows and my Macro got messed up.

The formula I am using is =SUM(MANPOWER!F49:I49).
Thank you,
Havenstar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well it does, but not what I am looking for I have multiple formulas and
wanted to know if there were an easier solution. See my previous post to
Sean, we must have been sending at the same time.

Thanks
Sandi