Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Spreadsheet

I am trying to get the MEDIAN YIELD from a spreadsheet:
I have two columns with figures, which will be going in over a period of
time, the next column adds the first two up. As I want the third column to do
this as and when figures are entered I have inserted a formula to do it (eg
B4+C4). This is where my problem lies as the third column is the data used to
get the global Median Yield and because I have inserted the formula to add
the first to columns up (each row of two cells) the zeros that are generated
give a false reading for the Median Yield. I have tried "Hiding the Zeros"
but this does not help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is a little trick:

Instead of :
=B4+C4
use:
=IF(COUNTA(B4:C4)=0,"",B4+C4)

If both B4 and C4 are empty, the formula yields a blank rather than zero.
Most stat functions, such as AVERAGE() ignore blanks.

Have a pleasant day!
--
Gary's Student