Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MF MF is offline

Default XL 2007 - Multiple windows for spreadsheets (SDI)

In Excel 2007, how can we view separate spreadsheets in separate windows?
This has *got* to be simple, but darn if I can find a setting for it...

A nice example of what we can to do is to tile multiple spreadsheets or view
two side-by-side (NOT using "View Side By Side" in the View ribbon)...

Thanks in advance for any tips!

-=- mf
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click the Office button, then the 'Excel Options' button., select Advanced
from the left pane, then in the Display section, check the Show all windows
in the Taskbar.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"MF" wrote in message
In Excel 2007, how can we view separate spreadsheets in separate windows?
This has *got* to be simple, but darn if I can find a setting for it...

A nice example of what we can to do is to tile multiple spreadsheets or
view
two side-by-side (NOT using "View Side By Side" in the View ribbon)...

Thanks in advance for any tips!

-=- mf

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MF MF is offline

I do have that checked, but i can't seem to open two different spreadsheets
and manipulate their windows independently... (i can select them individually
from the taskbar, but when i select one, the other disappears...)

Is this PEBCAK?

Or is this how Excel 07 works?

Thanks for the suggestion!

-=- mf

"MF" wrote in message
In Excel 2007, how can we view separate spreadsheets in separate windows?
This has *got* to be simple, but darn if I can find a setting for it...

A nice example of what we can to do is to tile multiple spreadsheets or
view
two side-by-side (NOT using "View Side By Side" in the View ribbon)...

Thanks in advance for any tips!

-=- mf

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MF MF is offline

OK, I call semi-PEBCAK on myself; one needs to simply launch another
instance of Excel to be able to manage and manipulate separate spreadsheet
windows...

Guess I'm always trying to do things the hard way! :-)

"MF" wrote in message
In Excel 2007, how can we view separate spreadsheets in separate windows?
This has *got* to be simple, but darn if I can find a setting for it...

A nice example of what we can to do is to tile multiple spreadsheets or
view
two side-by-side (NOT using "View Side By Side" in the View ribbon)...

Thanks in advance for any tips!

-=- mf

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

View tab of the ribbon, Window group, Arrange All.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions