Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Addressing Techniques

I want to know the different addressing techniques used in MS Excel.. Can
anybody help me out?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lots of ground to cover by that seemingly simple question. I think the best
place to start is probably in Excel's Help - look for topics such as
'Addressing', 'Cell Reference' and 'Named Ranges' or 'Names'.

If you could be more specific in your request, we might be able to be more
helpful.

There is relative cell addressing, absolute cell addressing, addressing
using functions such as INDIRECT() and OFFSET() and more.

"virendra" wrote:

I want to know the different addressing techniques used in MS Excel.. Can
anybody help me out?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

A1 or R1C1 reference style;
Reference to range or to cell or to named range;
Reference to range/cell on same sheet/another sheet/another workbook;
Absolute or relative reference (separately for rows and columns).
Combinations;
Functions/features returning cell/range reference:
Worksheet: OFFSET(),INDEX(),INDIRECT()
VBA: Range(), Cell(), Names(), [NamedRange]

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )