Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
loudun

Default How to convert relative to absolute addressing instantly in Excel

Each cell in my worksheet contains long formulas such as this:
if(or(A2=1,B2=1, C2=1,D2=1..... I want to copy the formula to another cell
but I want all cell references to be absolute. How do I convert the relative
addressing to absolute addressing without manually adding $ to each reference?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Adam Kroger

Bob:
Select you cell in "edit mode" then highlight your formula (or individul
cell references) then hit <F4 all the cell references that are highlighted
will become absolute. Hit it again and the rows are absolute, again and
just the collums, once more and they all become relative. I just learned
that tody :) Check this site for alot more really useful information:
http://www.exceltip.com/excel_versio...xcel_97/1.html

Adam

"loudun" wrote in message
Each cell in my worksheet contains long formulas such as this:
if(or(A2=1,B2=1, C2=1,D2=1..... I want to copy the formula to another
cell
but I want all cell references to be absolute. How do I convert the

relative
addressing to absolute addressing without manually adding $ to each

reference?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

I know about F4, but each cell in his worksheet has long formulae, so I
don't think F4ing them all is really practical. A short sharp macro will do
in much more simply.

--

HTH

RP