Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Header Problems

I only want the header to print on the first page. how do I get rid of it on
all the other pages. Please help. Sonia
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't do that in Excel. The only way would be to print the first page,
delete the header, and then print pages 2 to the end.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"swaskin" wrote in message
I only want the header to print on the first page. how do I get rid of it
on
all the other pages. Please help. Sonia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
Could you turn the problem the other way round.
Create the information for your first page headers and footer in the sheet
and then print all pages without a header or footer? (Center the printed
page vertially and if you choose the right print area it should line up
nicely). Not very elegant but it should work.

"swaskin" wrote:

I only want the header to print on the first page. how do I get rid of it on
all the other pages. Please help. Sonia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
With due respect provided that the data swaskin does not contain a data
field unique to headers and footers it can be done, hence my caveat.
(just created a simple dummy file to try it out
e.g A1 = Dummy Header
F1 = Today(_)
A46 = Dummy Footer
F46 = Filename in text
Put the page break manually at row 47
Accept the row count may have to vary depending on the paper size)

Absolutely right in that you can do it the way you suggest, fine if it is a
one off print but a pain in the neck if you have to repeat this on a regular
basis
Chris_UK

"swaskin" wrote in message
I only want the header to print on the first page. how do I get rid of it
on
all the other pages. Please help. Sonia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are willing to use VBA macro see Ron de Bruin's site for code.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 13:28:00 -0800, swaskin
wrote:

I only want the header to print on the first page. how do I get rid of it on
all the other pages. Please help. Sonia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Everyone
I am going to try the macro. I think excel should consider adding this
featur in the next go round of changes. Take Care Sonia