Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default convert time into decimal with max function

Hi there!
=MAX(1,(E7-B7+(E7<B7))*24), this is the function I'm using to draw time
difference with a mininmum of 1 hour, (if the time spent is less then an
hour) it produces min of 1, but my problem is it is in this shape
(1,041666667)formatted to general, or number and now I need to multiply this
into amount and it dosen't mustiply 2 X 1 but 2 X 1,04 so what shall I do to
solve this problem

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Shariq

As per the other post, wrap it in an INT function:

=INT(MAX(1,(E7-B7+(E7<B7))*24))

Best regards

Richard

Shariq wrote:
Hi there!
=MAX(1,(E7-B7+(E7<B7))*24), this is the function I'm using to draw time
difference with a mininmum of 1 hour, (if the time spent is less then an
hour) it produces min of 1, but my problem is it is in this shape
(1,041666667)formatted to general, or number and now I need to multiply this
into amount and it dosen't mustiply 2 X 1 but 2 X 1,04 so what shall I do to
solve this problem

USING THE NESTED IF FUNCTION TO SEE IF A TIME DATE VALUE IS T OR F gunnerpatt Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 October 26th 06 05:23 PM
How do I convert time (38:30) to decimal (38.5) format? Lori Excel Worksheet Functions 4 November 9th 05 05:00 AM
Converting from time format to decimal and figuring the difference Steve Williams Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 30th 05 10:10 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
What function do I use to convert "time" to minutes? petek Excel Worksheet Functions 1 February 23rd 05 04:15 PM