Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VIEW A TABLE

I have just taken over maintenance of a form on Excel. This form has a cell
that refers to a VBLOOKUP function. How do I view the table/chart it is
referring to?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bhiravi, assuming your vlookup formula looks something like this:
=VLOOKUP(C8,customers,2,FALSE)
and you want to see the table "customers", you can type the name of the
range into the name box (the box that usually has the cell reference in it)
and excel should automatically select that range, if the range is in a hidden
sheet you will have to unhide the sheet first.

Hope this helps.

"Bhiravi" wrote:

I have just taken over maintenance of a form on Excel. This form has a cell
that refers to a VBLOOKUP function. How do I view the table/chart it is
referring to?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you so much for responding.
Yes the lookup function is exactly as you specified. I'm afraid you will
have to use simpler terms for me. When you say range, what exactly are you
referring to? and I would type this range into the cell in which I find the
lookup funtion?

"Bhiravi" wrote:

I have just taken over maintenance of a form on Excel. This form has a cell
that refers to a VBLOOKUP function. How do I view the table/chart it is
referring to?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The name of the table is the range (in my example the range is called
customers). you should type this into the name box which is the little white
box that usually has the cell reference (i.e. A1) just left of the formula
bar (the bar that shows the formula in the cell).

you can find where the table is located by looking under: insert, name,
define. select the table you are looking for and it will show you the
complete range reference.

Any Clearer?

Hope this helps
Stu

"Bhiravi" wrote:

I have just taken over maintenance of a form on Excel. This form has a cell
that refers to a VBLOOKUP function. How do I view the table/chart it is
referring to?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Getting there.. Ok I've located the table, however, I have one question:
=IF(D4="","-",VLOOKUP(D4,TOCodes,3,FALSE))
Thats the lookup funtion i'm looking at. There are 2 others in other cells
which is basically the same but replace '3' with '2' and the other cell has
'1'.
I understand that the 1st part is value if true and the (-) is value if
false, but what does the 3 or 2 or 1 refer to?
Basically I have the table and i'm trying to use the same function on a
different form and am haviong trouble getting it to pick up the values.