Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need More Columns than IV

I need around 1500 columns for a spreadsheet I'm trying to put together.
While the number of rows seems to be infinite, the columns seem to only go to
IV. Is there any way to get more columns?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

bigsheetguy, that is all you get on one sheet, excel 2007 will have 16K
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"bigsheetguy" wrote in message
I need around 1500 columns for a spreadsheet I'm trying to put together.
While the number of rows seems to be infinite, the columns seem to only go
IV. Is there any way to get more columns?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

XL 2007 has 16000+ columns.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

In article ,
says...
I need around 1500 columns for a spreadsheet I'm trying to put together.
While the number of rows seems to be infinite, the columns seem to only go to
IV. Is there any way to get more columns?

Switch to another spreadsheet program that supports 1500 columns or to
XL2007, which supports more than IV though I don't remember if it goes as
far as 1500.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

xl2007 has a meg of rows by 16384 columns.

Tushar Mehta wrote:

In article ,
says...
I need around 1500 columns for a spreadsheet I'm trying to put together.
While the number of rows seems to be infinite, the columns seem to only go to
IV. Is there any way to get more columns?

Switch to another spreadsheet program that supports 1500 columns or to
XL2007, which supports more than IV though I don't remember if it goes as
far as 1500.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello, bigsheetguy!
You wrote on Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:18:02 -0800:

b I need around 1500 columns for a spreadsheet I'm trying to
b put together. While the number of rows seems to be
b infinite, the columns seem to only go to IV. Is there any
b way to get more columns?

Apart from going to the 2007 version can you work temporarily
with your matrix transposed?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: