Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Bold Row if Col E is bold

I would like to bold the whole row (A:D, F:L)if the text in col E is bold.
Can someone help me with this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you used conditional formatting for cell E, can''t you just use the
same conditional formatting for A:L?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I would like to bold the whole row (A:D, F:L)if the text in col E is bold.
Can someone help me with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I did not use conditional formatting. I am opening a file from another
format (which cannot be electronically edited) which has this cell as bold in
certain situations. I am opening in excel and saving in excel format so my
team members have an electronic copy to modify/update. I would like to have
a routine that says
Look at current sheet
if Col e bold = true
then Col A:D, F:L bold = true
Can someone help me to do this?

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I would like to bold the whole row (A:D, F:L)if the text in col E is bold.
Can someone help me with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you. This does exactly what I need it to.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Sub boldrangeifCbold()
For i = 13 To 18
If Cells(i, "c").Font.Bold = True Then
Range(Cells(i, "a"), Cells(i, "d")).Font.Bold = True
Range(Cells(i, "f"), Cells(i, "l")).Font.Bold = True
'or better yet
Range(Cells(i, "a"), Cells(i, "L")).Font.Bold = True
End If
Next i

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software