Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default new window settings

Is there any way to make a new window of an active workbook come up with the
same settings as the one I have already open? I always get very frustrated
when I set my view settings to 75%, panes frozen, etc., and then want to open
a new window, only to find that all that is erased, and I am at a dull,
half-stupid version of the model I'm working with. Any non-macro approach,
or something that is a simple macro, but will run on its own at this event
trigger?
--
Boris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Boriss,

You may very well use a small macro..

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 75
End Sub

Put this code in the sheet which you want to operate on.

Regards
Ankur
www.xlmacros.com
Moderator at : www.smartxl.com

BorisS wrote:

Is there any way to make a new window of an active workbook come up with the
same settings as the one I have already open? I always get very frustrated
when I set my view settings to 75%, panes frozen, etc., and then want to open
a new window, only to find that all that is erased, and I am at a dull,
half-stupid version of the model I'm working with. Any non-macro approach,
or something that is a simple macro, but will run on its own at this event
trigger?
--
Boris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So there is no global way to use this? It's not going to be practical for me
to carry around the code to every book I encounter, as I deal with many of
them.

Thanks for any further help.
--
Boris