Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to: continuously updating column in new worksheet

I have one worksheet with every piece of information you could imagine about
about 1000 alumni of my fraternity. I am pasting just a few columns from this
worksheet into another worksheet which I am going to use to make a mail merge
once a year for our annual fund drive. I know I can have a box that updates
in the new worksheet if i change it in the old worksheet, but can I have a
column that updates in the new worksheet if i change it in the old? Thanks
very much for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Instead of copying it across to the new worksheet, insert a link to the old
sheet in the new sheet. Say you want to have columns A, E and F from the old
sheet showing in columns A:C in the new sheet, starting from row 2.

in A2 enter =[Oldsheet]Sheet1!A2
In B2 enter =[Oldsheet]Sheet1!E2
In C2 enter =[Oldsheet]Sheet1!F2

Obviously replace Oldsheet with the name of your workbook, then copy down as
far as necessary
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman