Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using IF Function

I would like to use the IF function to highlight data on a seperate sheet,
when data is below a certain percentage, does anyone know how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Chris,

you cant use a condtional format looking a reference to another file.

but you can use an auxiliar cell on the separate file. eg:

assuming the source is on the file1.xls cell b2

on the file2.xls(separete one) use on aa2 (for eg) =[File1.xls]sheet1!b2

and use the conditional format to highligh it, changing to "The formula is"
and =aa230%

format as your convinience

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Chris" escreveu:

I would like to use the IF function to highlight data on a seperate sheet,
when data is below a certain percentage, does anyone know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It sounds as if you want conditional formatting. With CF and cells on
another sheet, you should name the cells (InsertNamedefine...), and then
use that name in the CF.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Chris" wrote in message
I would like to use the IF function to highlight data on a seperate sheet,
when data is below a certain percentage, does anyone know how to do this?

Need some comments on my Utility_Move class module. jchen Excel Worksheet Functions 0 August 21st 06 07:05 PM
Creating a Custom Excel Function to Calculate Gini Coefficients [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 21st 06 10:15 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM