-   -   Using IF Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/122976-using-if-function.html)

Chris

Using IF Function

I would like to use the IF function to highlight data on a seperate sheet,
when data is below a certain percentage, does anyone know how to do this?

Marcelo

Using IF Function

Hi Chris,

you cant use a condtional format looking a reference to another file.

but you can use an auxiliar cell on the separate file. eg:

assuming the source is on the file1.xls cell b2

on the file2.xls(separete one) use on aa2 (for eg) =[File1.xls]sheet1!b2

and use the conditional format to highligh it, changing to "The formula is"
and =aa230%

format as your convinience

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Chris" escreveu:

I would like to use the IF function to highlight data on a seperate sheet,
when data is below a certain percentage, does anyone know how to do this?

Bob Phillips

Using IF Function

It sounds as if you want conditional formatting. With CF and cells on
another sheet, you should name the cells (InsertNamedefine...), and then
use that name in the CF.

--
---
HTH