Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Overlay Schedule Question

I tried finding a template for this, but couldn't even think of the words to
search for...

I have 36 supervisors with schedules of 40 hours each, ranging from Sunday
through Saturday, from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Some have non-consecutive off
days.

I also have 12 employes who will support these 36 supervisors. Their
schedules follow the same rules.

My question is, how can I assign the representatives to their 3 supervisors
and ensure maximum overlay time during the week?

Please see example below:

Sup Name Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
Bob 9 - 6 9 - 6 9 - 6 9 - 6 9 - 6
Jane 10 - 7 10 - 7 10 - 7 10 - 7 10 - 7

Overlay Name Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
Jack 8 - 5 8 - 5 8 - 5 8 - 5 8 - 5
Jane 7 - 4 7 - 4 7 - 4 7 - 4 10 - 4

I can adjust the cells as necessary to make this work...