Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Advanced Filters - can I "not"

I would be grateful for any help - I have a spreadsheet with 8000 rows, I
would like to be able to hide the rows that contain a 0.00 - and entering the
0 in the advanced filter worked fine - however I would also like to be able

to see the data that is a negative ie -109.00 Is there some way I can enter
Not 0.00 or does not equal 0.00 Does any of this work in advanced filters??
Many thanks for any advice

Wendy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Wendy

Have you tried using a standard Autofilter and using a custom filter
from the dropdown arrow of the relevant column of "Does not equal" 0?

Richard

WendyMc wrote:
I would be grateful for any help - I have a spreadsheet with 8000 rows, I
would like to be able to hide the rows that contain a 0.00 - and entering the
0 in the advanced filter worked fine - however I would also like to be able

to see the data that is a negative ie -109.00 Is there some way I can enter
Not 0.00 or does not equal 0.00 Does any of this work in advanced filters??
Many thanks for any advice

Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Richard, I had tried that but there was a limit to the number of rows
that you can filter using Autofilter - I think it was 300. I ended up with
an advanced filter with 2 criteria rows, one with <0 and the other with 0.
It worked fine like this although there is probably another way to achieve
this it saved me an all night task!

Thanks for taking the time to respond tho.

Regards

Wendy

WendyMc wrote:
I would be grateful for any help - I have a spreadsheet with 8000 rows, I
would like to be able to hide the rows that contain a 0.00 - and entering the
0 in the advanced filter worked fine - however I would also like to be able

to see the data that is a negative ie -109.00 Is there some way I can enter
Not 0.00 or does not equal 0.00 Does any of this work in advanced filters??
Many thanks for any advice

Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No. Autofilter works happily up to Excel's limit of 65536 rows. There is a
limit as to how many data values Autofilter will show in the drop-down box,
but there are workrounds for that.
--
David Biddulph