Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Columns overflowing into the next

How do I get the text in a column to not overflow into the next column? is
there a setting in Excel 2003 that will prevent this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One way is to type a single white space (with the spacebar) in the "next"
column's top cell, then just copy the cell down. Another way is to fomat the
column (with the text input) to wrap text via selecting the column, then
click Format Cells Alignment tab Check "Wrap text" OK.
--
Max
Singapore
"Cameron" wrote:
How do I get the text in a column to not overflow into the next column? is
there a setting in Excel 2003 that will prevent this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another thing you can do is "shrink to fit." It makes the text smaller so
that it fits in the cell without stretching it or running into another cell.
To do this, highlight the cells you want this to apply to, right-click and
choose "Format Cells." Click the "alignment" tab, and under "text control,"
choose shrink to fit. You can also choose wrap text, which will enlarge the
cell as much as it has to (it will drop that row down, making the entire row
larger).

By the way, when you use shrink to fit, you can just click on the cell to
see the text at normal size, and it will go back to normal when you de-select
it. It's my method of choice; keeps everything nice and neat.

"Cameron" wrote:

How do I get the text in a column to not overflow into the next column? is
there a setting in Excel 2003 that will prevent this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Lauren Giles" wrote in message
By the way, when you use shrink to fit, you can just click on the cell to
see the text at normal size, and it will go back to normal when you
de-select
it. It's my method of choice; keeps everything nice and neat.

It doesn't do that for me with Excel 2003. Which version works that way?
--
David Biddulph