Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default Home on the RANGE

Hi All.......
I have an old "many times modified" workbook that has RangeNamed cells on
it's Main sheet which work just fine. But if I switch to another sheet, all
results for those RangeNames return #REF! on those sheets, and to do Insert
Name Define while on one of those sheets, shows the address of the Range at
#Ref!$A$3 or whatever, but on the Main sheet still shows the correct address.
Only by hand re-typing the MainSheet name part of the address in the Insert
Name Define window while on one of the other sheets seems to correct the

problem. Any ideas what I might have done to have caused this?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A possible solution....

I'm guessing the "bad" range names on the other sheets are sheet-level names.

Are the range names on the Main sheet workbook-level names or sheet-level
names?

If they're workbook level names....you should be able to just delete the
range names on the other sheets...the formulas would then reference the
workbook level names.

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All.......
I have an old "many times modified" workbook that has RangeNamed cells on
it's Main sheet which work just fine. But if I switch to another sheet, all
results for those RangeNames return #REF! on those sheets, and to do Insert
Name Define while on one of those sheets, shows the address of the Range at
#Ref!$A$3 or whatever, but on the Main sheet still shows the correct address.
Only by hand re-typing the MainSheet name part of the address in the Insert
Name Define window while on one of the other sheets seems to correct the

problem. Any ideas what I might have done to have caused this?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Hmmmm.....didn't know there was two kinds of RangeNames......have always been
able to access any that I created from any sheet in the book. I just went to
a secondary sheet and tried to delete a RangeName and the whole workbook
crashed. Maybe it's got molasses in it's crankcase, 'er sumpthing. I can
fix these by just re-doing them, but was wondering what happened so maybe can
keep it from happening again.

Thanks anyway Ron,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All.......
I have an old "many times modified" workbook that has RangeNamed cells on
it's Main sheet which work just fine. But if I switch to another sheet, all
results for those RangeNames return #REF! on those sheets, and to do Insert
Name Define while on one of those sheets, shows the address of the Range at
#Ref!$A$3 or whatever, but on the Main sheet still shows the correct address.
Only by hand re-typing the MainSheet name part of the address in the Insert
Name Define window while on one of the other sheets seems to correct the

problem. Any ideas what I might have done to have caused this?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry about the crash...deleting a range name shouldn't trigger that.
Sounds like that workbook has had a rough life. <g

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All.......
I have an old "many times modified" workbook that has RangeNamed cells on
it's Main sheet which work just fine. But if I switch to another sheet, all
results for those RangeNames return #REF! on those sheets, and to do Insert
Name Define while on one of those sheets, shows the address of the Range at
#Ref!$A$3 or whatever, but on the Main sheet still shows the correct address.
Only by hand re-typing the MainSheet name part of the address in the Insert
Name Define window while on one of the other sheets seems to correct the
problem. Any ideas what I might have done to have caused this?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

No problem, I've gotten used to crashes around here........."rough life",
yep, it's kinda grown-up with me and has been rode hard and put away wet a
lot........

Thanks for trying tho....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All.......
I have an old "many times modified" workbook that has RangeNamed cells on
it's Main sheet which work just fine. But if I switch to another sheet, all
results for those RangeNames return #REF! on those sheets, and to do Insert
Name Define while on one of those sheets, shows the address of the Range at
#Ref!$A$3 or whatever, but on the Main sheet still shows the correct address.
Only by hand re-typing the MainSheet name part of the address in the Insert
Name Define window while on one of the other sheets seems to correct the
problem. Any ideas what I might have done to have caused this?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Sheet1