Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

That would give #NAME?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
A possible solution....

I'm guessing the "bad" range names on the other sheets are sheet-level
names.

Are the range names on the Main sheet workbook-level names or sheet-level
names?

If they're workbook level names....you should be able to just delete the
range names on the other sheets...the formulas would then reference the
workbook level names.

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"CLR" wrote:

Hi All.......
I have an old "many times modified" workbook that has RangeNamed cells on
it's Main sheet which work just fine. But if I switch to another sheet,
all
results for those RangeNames return #REF! on those sheets, and to do
Insert
Name Define while on one of those sheets, shows the address of the
Range at
#Ref!$A$3 or whatever, but on the Main sheet still shows the correct
address.
Only by hand re-typing the MainSheet name part of the address in the
Insert
Name Define window while on one of the other sheets seems to correct
the
problem. Any ideas what I might have done to have caused this?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3