Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I send or replicate info from sheet 1 to appear on sheet 2?

I am trying to create two forms that use some of the same info without having
to enter twice eg; cell D14 - sheet 1 to be sent to and appear on cell C22 -
sheet 2, can this be done
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Starting from cell C22 on Sheet2, enter = then navigate to D14 on Sheet1
and press enter
You should see in the cell =Sheet1!D14
Now, anything you enter in D14 on Sheet1 will also appear on Sheet2 C22

To link other cells, either follow the same procedure, or just put the
sheetname followed by an Exclamation mark in front of the cell reference
you want.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"W0rks Grp" <W0rks wrote in message
I am trying to create two forms that use some of the same info without
having
to enter twice eg; cell D14 - sheet 1 to be sent to and appear on cell
C22 -
sheet 2, can this be done

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel works more as a receiving program than a sending program.

You could put some kind of formula in the cell to retrieve the value from the
cell you want:

=if(sheet1!d14="","",sheet1!d14)

But personally, I'd try to put all my data in one spot. It just makes things a
lot easier.

If I can't do that, then I try to use a unqiue key in both locations and use
formulas like:

=vlookup()
or
=index(match())

to retrieve values.

Debra Dalgleish has some notes:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))

W0rks Grp wrote:

I am trying to create two forms that use some of the same info without having
to enter twice eg; cell D14 - sheet 1 to be sent to and appear on cell C22 -
sheet 2, can this be done

--

Dave Peterson