Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default merging 2 worksheets

Sorry if this is complicated.

I have 2 separate worksheets, downloaded from an Oracle database. In a
perfect world, I would only have one worksheet, but the database is not set
up correctly (not mine!) and will not give me all of the information in just
one report (which I export to excel) because there are conflicts. So, I have
these 2 reports, downloaded into 2 excel worksheets.

The Oracle database has a unique identifier for each record, but they won't
share that with the users.

One worksheet has 12 columns of information, the other an additional 8
columns. Among these 2 worksheets, there are 5 columns that contain the same
information: State Grant Seg Vendor Acres. I can't pick just one of these
columns to be the unique identifier, otherwise I will get alot of records
that match - they each need all of these columns to match up the individual
records. My goal is to have one records worth of information containing all
columns. As I am testing information on a smaller scale first, I have
approximately 857 records on one sheet, 1157 on the other.

I hope that I have explained this in enough detail.

Help!

Thanks,