Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael Ryle

Default Merging Worksheets

Worksheet 1 has columns A & B which contain a sorted list of last names and
first names.

Worksheet 2 has columns A, B, & C. Columns A & B contain a sorted list of
last names and first names which is a subset of the list in worksheet 1.
Column C is a count value.

I would like to merge worksheets 1 & 2 to create worksheet 3 which contains
a count value for every case where the last name-first name in worksheet 1
matches the last name-first name in worksheet 2, or zero where there is no
match.

This essentially an SQL join of worksheets 1 & 2 on Last Name and First Name.

Can I do this in Excel? Anybody know how? Thanks.